"Men are that they might have joy..."

Happiness comes in small moments of laughter and surprise. Joy is a destination - something that we reach after all of the lessons have been learned, and blessings counted. This is my journey to joy, one baby step at a time...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

COUNT MY BLESSINGS (2): Ten A Day

I have five amazing grandchildren who pack so much joy into my life that it pretty much bursts at the seams when they are around.  Those haters out there who think we talk about them too much are simply uneducated or jealous.  You know who you are.  You mock us behind our backs, roll your eyes when we tell you the next funny story, and pretend they are gorgeous when we show you their pictures.  Well, back off! These tiny creatures are the stuff that joy is made of.


Last week my 5 year old grandson, Zackary spent the night at our house.  We snuggled Friday night, munched on Girl Scout Thin Mints and watched Home Alone together - what a great night, especially when Kevin drops Buzz's tarantula onto the burglar's face.  All through the next day he said, "Grandma, I love you," to which I replied, "I love you too Zacky."  When he was getting ready to go home, he ran back to me, hugged my legs, and said, "Grandma, I really love you."  I said, "Zack, that's ten I love you's in one day!  I'm the luckiest Grandma ever!" 

He thought about that for a minute and said, "I meant to say it eleven times."

No comments:

Post a Comment