"Men are that they might have joy..."

Happiness comes in small moments of laughter and surprise. Joy is a destination - something that we reach after all of the lessons have been learned, and blessings counted. This is my journey to joy, one baby step at a time...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

JOURNEY TO JOY (24): Take a Break

In addition to having a bad week in general (and it's only Wednesday), I fell this morning and slammed my head into a mirror while getting ready for work.  Not a good omen by any means!

I arrived at work a bit unsteady on my feet but determined to have a better attitude than yesterday's which, well, yesterday sucked rocks.  The morning progressed along with a mirror-induced headache, and I was resigned to the fact that today was a wash, and tomorrow would be better.

My youngest son, Miles, is working in my office for a few days, and asked if I wanted to go to lunch.  He was meeting up with my oldest son, Blake, at the Portland food carts.  I have food cart phobia (germs, dirty fingers, old grease, you get the idea), but forced myself to put on my sunglasses and head outside into what may be one of the last real summer days for Oregon in 2012.

It was beautiful outside!  Walking through downtown Portland with my ex-soldier son was such a treat, and something that I didn't know if I would ever have the opportunity to experience again a year ago.  We met up with Blake, picked our poison, and sat down at a filthy picnic table to eat while cars sped by spitting out fumes and dust, and the rest of Portland strolled by to enjoy the nice weather.

We laughed, reminisced, debated the difference between fry sauce and western sauce, and coined a new term: Hot Barker.

My head still hurts, and my problems still exist, but I feel so much better!  I love those guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment